5.02.2006

Get Reddy



To follow up on yesterday, nothing happened. I know, all that drama for nothing. I got to court, waited around, chatted with some legal buddies and went back to work with the promise that I would be called if we started prepping for trial. Well, I never got called, I checked back in and she never showed, so a warrant was issued for her arrest and now I just have to wait till they find her to go through this again.

Stupid, huh?

I did find out some useful information, though. I am, indeed, the only person that is testifying against her. All of the other cases have "withdrawn the complaint". The woman I used to work for has been getting threats about taking this to court. Comments like, "They can shield you while you're in court, but it's only a glass cage. You can't be protected in the real world." Um...okay. I also found out that the reason this is going to trial is because the defendant doesn't know there is a witness (me).

What's interesting in all of this, is that I should be legitimately nervous now, but I'm not. I'm not the least bit worried or concerned. I started thinking about all of it yesterday afternoon. I had to prepare myself to go to court, testify against someone I don't know, be sworn in the whole nine yards, and there is nothing in the world that I can do...except get ready. I can arm myself with the knowledge that what I am doing is the right thing to do. I can shield myself with the knowledge that I work for a Task Force and that I haven't heard any threats because I'm safe where I work. All I can do, all anyone can ever do, is get up, get ready and face what is ahead of them.

That's what I am doing today. Being in this moment and getting ready for the next.
Get Reddy
by:
Pinky!
Lampwork with Red and Blue Glass Beads
Lobster Clasp
available only at Etsy.com

4 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE IT! You so rock.
love ya,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things turned out better than you thought...great advice too!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Your work is beautiful . . . and your spirit does seem half bad either :D

Followed the etsy blogger ring here.

Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm loving the etsy ring! It is such a great idea and joins all of us together in a new way.