5.03.2006

Mother's Love

Mother's Love
by:
Pinky!
Double strand pink and white freshwater pearls
mixed with glass beads and finished with a sleek
toggle clasp.
Available only at
You know how a pearl is created?
A piece of sand gets into an oyster's mouth and irritates the supple lining of it's shell. Over time, the oyster tries to remove the piece of sand by rolling it around in it's mouth. All the while, this tiny irritant is being molded and formed into a beautiful, yet imperfect, pearl.

Motherhood is not so different.
Children can be trying and difficult. We work to mold them into something beautiful, just like pearls. Children aren't perfect either, but over time, mothers work to cultivate their children into wonderful and amazing humans that are truly a remarkable form of nature. Yes, they can be the irritant and yes they can be difficult, but when it's all said and done, you, all mothers all parents, have created something special.


This bracelet was designed for my mother. I know that I have been that irritant in her life on many occasions. I know what inner turmoil I have caused her. But she never quit working to make me into someone special. I am special because she is special.


This Mother's Day, and every day beyond that, remember what our moms, dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles have all experienced, gone through and put someone else through, to create this wonderful Human Race. We have all been the aggravation and because at least one person continued on the Path of Love, we have become the beautiful, yet imperfect, pearls of our universe.


I love you, Mommy.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow, I really identify with your pearl/child analogy! I'm a mother to one child and will look at her just a little differently from now on. I'll have to tell my mom about your entry. Thanks for visiting my blog too!

Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting, too! I cannot express to you how glad I am that you found inspiration from my post. That makes my night!!!