5.09.2006

New Piece!!

Simple Stated Night
by:
Iridescent, black freshwater pearls
with matching earrings.
OH! I am so excited about this! I was actually finishing up another piece and I just had to do this instead. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the black pearls have blue, purple and silver hues all through them. It looks like a pond, rippling in the wind, on a dark winter night. I'm not sure whether this will go in my Etsy store yet or not. As I have said before, I work with a bunch of guys and Mother's Day is this weekend, so I'm trying to sell off some of my stuff while saving their butts at the same time.


In totally unrelated news, I have to share this picture of my daughter. This just goes to show you what an artistic flair she has. That, and she is freaking beautiful!! Look at those giant, blue eyes!




And the cheekbones! What I wouldn't give to have cheekbones like that. She was playing dress-up and I just had to take a picture of her. You know what? Looking at this picture reminds me how lucky I am. I don't need flowers or gifts for Mother's Day, I have her, and that is the best gift I could ever have.

4 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

That black pearl set is stunning! But your daughter outshines even it. What a darling little girl . . . and so talented. I hope Baby Eva and Lucy Lou (did I remember those right?) sell.

Carrie said...

Thank you! And, yes, you did remember the names right. I hope so, too, she was so excited to do them and have me put them on Etsy.

And, I am TOTALLY in love with the black set, but before I could post it on Etsy, I SOLD IT THIS MORNING!!!!!!

Heather said...

Rock on my Friend you desrever success,you are primed for it...but the baby is sooooooooooo much prettier!
Love that one, and crngrat's on all the sales!
Heather *who is just a little itsy bit jelouse*

Anonymous said...

Great design and your daughter is so cute! Grats on the other sale as well. That's amazing that it sold before you posted it...yay!