6.27.2007

HUGE NEWS!!!

So huge, that more than10 times yesterday, I wanted to puke from nerves or excitement or both. As most of you know, I used to work in a picture framing shop. I think I put it in a MeMe once, but I don't remember. Anyhoo, I worked there for 6 years and ended up managing the store. I left there to take a job at an attorney's office in the hopes that I could further myself financially for Miss Pinky and I. Leaving was a huge mistake and cost me personally in the process.

Picture framing is one of the only jobs that I have ever truly missed. I mean all of it. The day to day trudge, the paperwork, the taxes, payroll, ordering, organizing, marketing, the mats, the process, the pictures! Oh! the things that I have framed and seen. I have held history in my hands on so many occasions that I feel blessed. Purple Hearts from WWII, drawings from the 19th century, and once, an original Ansel Adams. My creative brain thrived there and I adopted the motto that, "We can frame anything." And you better believe I did. I never turned away a project that seemed too hard or when others said it was impossible to frame. BAH! Impossible, schmimpossible.

On July 5th, I will close as the new owner of Neblett's Frame Outlet. It's mine, all mine. I'm going to strip it down and turn it into one bitchin' gallery. Custom frames, shadowboxes, desk frames, portrait frames, prints, photography and Pinky Jewelry all under one roof. Oh yeah, I've already picked out my display for my jewelry. I'm going to get to do all the things with this business that I wanted to do 5 years ago, but didn't have a way. All my visions on how the store could be improved can now start to become a reality... and it's going to be wonderful.

That's what I've been up to. How 'bout everyone else? :)

~Pinky!

11 comments:

Tracyw. said...

It's such an incredible feeling to know when the path we are on is the one that will bring us the most JOY! Congratulations to you on making your dream come true!

Sweet and Salty said...

Oh, Pinky! That is so AWESOME!!!

Congratulations and I know you'll make it work and it will be successful because I don't know anyone with as much drive as you.

I am so happy for you. You'll get to do what you really like!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations Pinky!! Wonderful news and quite an accomplishment. You're going to be great at this.

I've often thought I would enjoy custom framing.

Unknown said...

Oh wow!!!! Congrats Pinky that is amazing news :)

Heather said...

That's some really big news! Congrat's I know how much this is going to mean to you.

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

This is fantastic news! You get to combine your old and your new loves and you get to be in control . . . oooo how wonderful! I wish you were a lot closer; I need a good custom framer for all the work I've purchased on Etsy in the last year and a half :D I'm doing a silly happy dance in your honor!

Anonymous said...

(((((Pinky)))))

We are so happy for you.

SMUSHES!!!!!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yeah!!!! I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open!! lol I'm absolutely thrilled for you--a life dream becoming reality is one of the coolest things in the world. May God bless both you and your new business with happiness and success! EEEEE!! It's gonna be great, I can just feel it!
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's incredible! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for going after your dream :)

Carrie said...

Thank for the love everyone! I've been SLAMMED trying to pull everything together and it's going quite well. Just a few more days!!!!

HUGS all around and I will post more soon!! LOVES!

G said...

Uhhhh - I got a manicure/pedicure?

WOW! That is indeed HUGE news! Mazel tov and congratulations. Really, all the best. That's a real blessing to be able to realize such a dream. Actually your working in the law office probably served its purpose in that you picked up a different type of experience that you can bring to your new business. I wish you success and happiness every step of the way.

XOX ~ G