2.18.2008

A small gripe about maternity clothes.

It's not like I'm a fashion Diva to begin with, but I've been checking out some maternity clothes because I will need them before I realize it. However, I have noticed a trend in several different companies. This for example:



I don't wear my shirts that tight to begin with, let alone when I'm about to rupture with child. Maybe it's just me, or maybe the trends have changed that much since I had Miss Pinky, but I don't think you will be finding me parading around in this.

And then, there was this:



In case you don't know what that is, it's a MINI SKIRT FOR PREGNANT WOMEN!! Now, that's just sick. Sick, I tell you! I'm going back to shopping and see if there is something out there for the, ahem, less hip momma.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mini skirts???? I don't see a problem with that, :P

((((((smushs))))))

Carrie said...

I KNEW you would say that!! you get smacks instead of smushes today!! HA!

How are you??

Anonymous said...

Promises, promises. ;)

I am doing better, on an allergy med and have more energy.

Rose misses you and me too. :)

Unknown said...

Can't help with maternity clothes at all I'm afraid but I'm sure there are some nice ones out there- hopefully! As if I ever get pregnant, I can assure you I won't be wearing a mini skirt!

Emma Clement said...

I think you might suit a homemummy wrap over top as these grow with your bump and are really soft.

http://www.homebodylondon.co.uk/product/Homebody%5FMATERNITYWEAR%5FTOPS/HMRJ7010300001.htm

And instead of the mini skirt, perhaps our best selling apron trousers would suit you?

Emma
www.homemummy.co.uk

Carrie said...

Christine, I did find some decent ones last night, so YAY!!! Glad to see you're not the mini type either!

Hello Emma! I checked out the link and did indeed find some pretty maternity clothes. Thank you for the tips!

Sweet and Salty said...

Well, I've always that a pregnant woman is pretty darn sexy, so you throw in a mini skirt and, wow!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

I've noticed that trend too--it's just strange if you ask me! And belly shirts? Ummmm-when I was pregnant you couldn't have paid me to wear a shirt that was either skin tight or that let my belly stick out underneath it! HAHAHA! Good luck.
Smiles, Karen

Carrie said...

PAVEL! You and Brian are both in trouble! Good thing I love you both anyway.

Karen, I know what you mean about the shirts that show your belly. I wouldn't dream of doing that non pregnant, I cannot imagine doing it while pregnant. Sigh, what kind of world are we living in?