4.30.2008

I'm allergic to my husband

Oh, if only that statement weren't true, but it is. I've been having some serious allergy attacks lately and I chalked it up to the weather. That turned out to be false. Then I thought maybe I was just getting into the wrong kind of dust, or whatever. Nope, not it either. Went all day yesterday around town, another town, in and out of the car, hot and cold, stores with lots of smelly crap in them and nothing. Not one sneeze. Hubs gets home and I'm around him maybe 30 minutes when I start to sneeze. My eyes itch, my throat itches and before I know it, I can't breathe through my nose and I've got snot running and water pouring out of my eyes. Cute picture, huh? Whatever he gets into at work every day seems to really set me off. Any ideas on what to do when it's your husband that's making you sick? (that sentence is funny in sooooo many ways!)

Here's a picture that I snapped of me the other day that turned out pretty well. I look a little smart mouthed in it, so it's par for the course.



Against my better judgement, here is a picture of the ever growing belly. It's getting to be obscene seeing as I took this picture about a week ago.



Can you believe I'm only 4 1/2 months along? Sheesh! I would blame the belly to me gaining a lot of weight, but I've only gained about a pound and a half, so it's all bebe in there. It's going to be a big one! We were supposed to be getting an ultrasound on the 8th, but there was a schedule conflict and now we can't go until the 21st! GAH! I had gotten to the point that I didn't really want to know what the baby is, but Hubs can't take the suspense. Now that we have to wait even longer, well I think it's going to be a long May.

Speaking of May, we have a LOT going on. My cousin is having a baby, it's graduation at the university here, Mother's Day, my birthday (not te mention the birthday of at least 3 other family members), Miss Pinky has a dance recital and then school gets out on the 22nd! And my friend and I are planning a shopping trip to get more baby stuff and buy all the supplies for baby showers. We're not waiting to the end to have the shower, that way we all can still enjoy it. I hope to keep posting on a semi-regular basis, but you never know. OH WAIT!! I sold something out of my Etsy shop! Cool huh? I thought so, too.

Well, I have got to get dressed. I ditched work yesterday and played with my friend. Hope all is well and I will check other blogs soon!
Hugs and Love
~Pinky!



7 comments:

gorjus said...

I'd look at a few things. A few years ago I realized I was getting more allergic to lots of things, and swapped permanently to no-allergen/no -scented detergent, dryer sheets, deodarant, shaving cream what have you. Sticking JC on that routine may have benefits to you.

However, you're noticing it when he gets home. To me, that may mean that he is acquiring some allergen at work specifically that he's then transmitting to you. It may be worth it to trick him into showering every day when he gets in and throwing his clothes in the washing machine.

Unknown said...

Hope you work out what's causing the allergies.

The piccie of you is gorgeous and I'm so excited to see your bump :)
Have a great May x

Carrie said...

Hey Gorjus, now that you mention it, I guess your allergies have gotten better. We think it's a combo of some of the chemicals he works with and some of the plants that we don't have regularly growing around here. We're trying some alternatives, so I'll let you know. LOVE YOU!!

Hey Christine! you aren't using your hand too much are you? HUGS! You might not believe this, but the bump is bigger this week already! The girls at work said I'd grown in 2 days, they were right! ACK! HUGS to you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the baby is getting! You look smashing darlin'. I can't help but remember the painting you did last year.

Hope you figure out what's making you sneeze around hubs.

Love you

((((((((Smush))))))

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh yeah...THERE it is! Looking good Pinky (( love that pic of your face too, you look very cute!))

Glad you had a day of fun with your friend, that is good for the soul. It's a great idea to have the showers a little earlier--that way you are not lumbering around with your belly out to THERE!! lol You're brilliant!

What a bummer about the allergies--I'll bet it's something he's bringing home on his clothes. Have him strip naked on the porch before he comes into the house after work and see if that helps.





*grin*

Smiles, Karen

BarnGoddess said...

uh ohhhhhh

gorgeous belly!

RedNeckGirl said...

you look beautiful! you have the glow! Hugs and Love!