4.11.2008

It's Friday!

Etsy finally got their servers calmed down, so I've been able to add to my shop all week. I've only been adding one thing a day, so I don't have much in there, yet! I have a few more sewn pieces that I would like to get done, but you never know. I tried to get a shot of my now pooching out belly! I'm starting to show a lot. I am over 4 months, so I guess it's time. My dad picked up the crib for me and is bringing it over this weekend so that I can start putting the baby's room together.


We moved Miss Pinky into the guest bedroom, which is MUCH larger, so now she can have all kinds of space to grow, have slumber parties, things like that. She gave up her room so she could sleep in the giant cannon ball bed. I don't blame her! OH! Proud Mommy moment!!! Miss Pinky won the reading challenge in her class! She read 1,673 pages!! Can you believe that?!? She got a new book, a new bookmark, a coupon to the movies, a certificate AND a little plaque that says "Outstanding Reader Award"! There was a LOT of screaming and jumping around in our house! The same day, I got a letter from the school saying that she passed two or more of the requirements to be considered for advanced education! WOOO! She's already reading on nearly a 3rd grade level and is doing fractions like it's nothing! I asked her if she wanted to be tested to go into the advance placement program and she was all about it! I'm SOOSOOSOSOSOSSSOOOO proud of her!!! I bet you never guessed that!




Work has been going well, but I've been working too much. Last night was rough! My dad, my husband, my friends have all fussed at me for doing so much, but if I don't get these new employees trained right, then I'm going to have to work hard to fix the mistakes. I don't need that stress in my life. They are both doing well, but it's a lot to learn, so it can be overwhelming. I think that they will do great once they really get the hang of it. They both seem to enjoy it, so that's good.



This is the crib set I found yesterday! At K-Mart!! I'd been looking for something neutral, in case we decide we don't want to know what the baby is. The colors are a little richer than they are in this photo. Lots of aqua blues and cool greens. Plus, the ark is made from soft, fine wale corduroy, the animals are made from plushy fabric! Lots of different feels for the baby. And, let's face it, it has monkey's on it. How could I resist the monkey's?? Oh, and the 4 piece set was only 50 bucks! WOW!

Well, I guess that's about it. I'm going to try to get in some house work before I scoot off to work. I have to do payroll today, so I better not be late! The staff gets a little grumpy if I'm late with the checks. Wonder why? HA! I hope you all have a fantastic day and if I don't get on here again before the weekend is done, have a good one there, too.

Hugs-N-Luv
~Pinky


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! The shop is looking great :)
Well done Miss Pinky, very clever girl you have there :)
Take care of yourself (((hugs)))

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hey--where's the pooched out belly???? I wanna see!

Oh, so proud of Miss Pinky!! Yeah, what an accomplishment! So she is a smarty AND beautiful--the total package! lol

I have to go and check out your shop! I'm so excited! Sounds like hubby may be back to work soon (thanks to the big ice/snow storm with the 55 mph winds we've had the last 2 days!) and so I may be able to shop soon!

Take good care friend--and don't overdo!
Smiles and hugs, Karen

Amber said...

Congratulations Pinky on the revamped shop, and congrats to Mz.Pink on that smart brain of hers! She looks fabulous! :)

I love the nursery theme you've chosen, great pick if you want to keep the gender a surprise. It's still cute baby, but not too cute...know what I mean?

It's great to be back reading about you again...sorry it took so long!

HUGS!

treasurefield said...

Wow, your little girl has grown! (Has it been that long since I visited your blog???)

Congrats on the little one on the way and the very smart big girl!
~a.r.treasurefield
treasurefield.blogspot.com