4.15.2008

Too Much To Do

It's the dreaded April 15th!! But, luckily, we have all personal and business related taxes complete. Good for us. But, I still feel like I have too much to do today. I didn't go to work yesterday, so all that falls on today! I need a shower, I need to do Miss Pinky's laundry, I need to clean the kitchen, I need to order frames, I need to finish the schedule, I need to fuss at people about payment. You see what I'm talking about? It starts out innocent, like needing a shower, then in spirals into all kinds of crap! But, it all hinges on the shower. You can't tackle a day like today being dirty!

In other news, I'm working on a painting that I hope turns out like I want. I really do. It's been a while since all the pieces fell together in my head to create something cool. My brother wrote a short story called Chopping Tulips and it's the source of the inspiration. Read it if you have the time, it's consuming. I had a picture in my head of something that I wanted to paint, but it wouldn't come together. After reading the story, it clicked. A very LOUD click. It's one of those painting that is going to be messy, but a great release.

As I said earlier, I have to get a shower, so I better get my butt in gear. sigh. I just don't want to! But, I have to. Hugs, love and all that jazz.

~Pinky

3 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

ew. tax day. we pay pay pay in. luckily we save up all year for it.

I hope you got that shower so you could accomplish your huge task list-whew, it was sorta big!

Carrie said...

We saved too, but we weren't sure what it was going to be like with the business added in.

I did get the shower and worked all day! The list got bigger! ACK! It's almost over, I can handle a few more days of crazy.

Bare said...

I'll have to head over that way sometime soon and read the story. I love it when you read (and/or) see something and it just clicks in your head, a thought or idea that you've been thinking about.

Speaking of showers, I need to go get one before bed-- hope your to-do list got a little easier as the day went on *hugs*