8.21.2008

All kinds of stuff going on!

Okay, okay, you guys have waited the week I did, so here is the update on New Baby! It is in fact, just one baby, although my girth would suggest otherwise. He is already at 6 pounds 9 ounces, which in case you didn't know, is freaking HUGE! I'm at 34 weeks at he's big enough for a 37 week old baby. Heck, Miss Pinks only weighed 7.6, so he's not far behind her already! Also, I'm sharing the new ultrasound photos!! WOOOO! He gets camera shy and hides his face a little, but you can see him smushing up his lips and his little button nose all the same.
SO AMAZINGLY COOL!



Computers amaze the crap out of me. We never had anything like this with Miss Pinks. Just too cool. He's got his foot and hand in the way on the left side. Funny thing is, he did the same thing on the earlier ultrasound. Me, have a shy baby? Puh-leeze, he just wants his privacy.

Speaking of the darling girl, here is a shot of her in her new shirt! I finished it just the other night and she wore it to school yesterday. I'm glad she was proud to wear something her momma made. I seriously altered this pattern and I wasn't all that thrilled, but she loved it and that's all that matters.



( I made it from an old twin sheet of hers!)




(getting tickled at jumping on her dad)



( REALLY tickled at how unhappy he looks to be jumped on at 7:15 in the morning! heeheehee)

I've got to throw this next dress in the wash, but I am really happy with how it turned out. I made her a dress from this pattern earlier this year but this is the modifed version. I had bought the green to make a maternity top for me only to realize that the pattern I picked up was the wrong size. Oh, well, she got to use it, so that's good.




I shortened it and added this gorgeous battenburg lace that I've had forever!



Isn't this lace pretty!! It looks really good on her and with the shortened length, it fits her a little better, too.

I've also finished my nursing cover. My cousin had one this summer and I thought is was a great idea! Thin cotton, but in a dark pattern so you can't see through it, adjustable strap and a little boning at the neckline so you can peek in at your baby while your are nursing. Loved the idea, so I go on the internets and found these great ones at 40 bucks a pop. Yeah.... I didn't want to pay that, so I made my own pattern, adjusted width and length to suit me and I even did the boning in the neckline!! I am REALLY proud of myself for that one!



I know it just looks like a polka dotted blob, but it looks right when you put it on.



Boning! I'm going to make one for a friend of mine for her upcoming baby. Oh, the best thing, it cost me less than 8 bucks to do it all!! WOOO! Talk about a deal. Way better than 40 plus shipping.

After the Dr. visit, Hubs and I did a minimal amount of shopping and I picked this up for Miss Pinks:



She nearly fainted when she saw the crazy material in the bag. She loves bright colors!! That's all that is going on. I'm toting around a giant baby in my tummy all day and sewing. I get bored sitting still all day, but sewing gives me something to do with my hands and I've gotten pretty good at it. Who knows, maybe I'll start making more than just for Miss Pinks and sell some of this stuff. I sure could use the money! New babies aren't cheap!

I hope that everyone is doing well and I will try to get by and visit everyone in the next few days. Hugs and much love!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, so amazing to see your new little man :) Miss Pinky must be very excited about her new brother coming soon. x

Carrie said...

She is!! I swear, the stuff they can do today is unbelievable. We're all getting excited to see him for real, I just have to make sure I've got all the stuff I need! eek!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Pinky and you are so creative. :)

Looks like Fay's rains are headed your way this weekend. Pouring here at the moment.

(((((hugs)))))

Mrs.Kwitty said...

OMGosh Pinky--those ultrasounds are totally amazing! I can't believe my eyes. What a beautiful little guy you are toting around there!!

Look at you sewing like a pro--hey, you're not gonna put me out of business are you?? ;-O

It all looks great--and Miss Pinky looks so fab in her new top and with the missing teeth! (I love that!) Tell her that I hope she has a fantastic year at school.

Smiles, Karen

G said...

What amazing ultrasound pics! Just beautiful. I agree, nothing like the ones I had for Tali and Julian. Take care of yourself and stay rested - that's a big boy you're carrying!

Love you creations. You should definitely make some to sell. Little Miss Pinks look pretty as a picture in your creation.

Take good care. xox ~ G

Bare said...

Girl, those ultrasound pics are AWESOME!!! I go on the 23rd to find out if it's a boy or a girl, and I'm chomping at the bit! Big congrats on your little man! I know it won't be much longer until he's here! *hugs*

Ms Dragonfly said...

congrats!
love the polka dot :)