9.14.2008

Alas, still no bebe

Yea, he's seeing how long he can wait this out. My doctor said I could still go at any time, but he's being stubborn. I have contractions off an on through the day, some nights are really bad, but still, no bebe. I've tried eating spicy foods and only gave myself heartburn. I walked around and made my ankles swell and my blood pressure rise. I rode around in the car and that seems the safest thing to do, then gas goes up over a dollar. I still have 2 more weeks until my due date, but I thought he might want to get here sooner. Since Miss Pinks birthday is in 2 weeks, too, I would like for him to come on down! HA!

But not to worry! I've been busy as all get out! Sitting at my desk cutting patterns made my feet swell too much, so I haven't been able to sew anything. I did, however, drag out all my yarn and start playing with it again. Then my mother in law went and bought me more yarn and I've been nuts!! Having a blast making stuff. I can sit in the bed and crochet up a storm making all kinds of goodies. Here is a sampling of what I've been doing!





Don't you just love my closed-eyed model?! The first scarf is made out of a dreamy chenille and is decadent as all get out! The pink shawl is made from an acrylic that mimics wool but it can be washed and dried. VERY convenient and SO soft. The black and grey one is super cool with it's twisty, curly design. The last one is made from 2 different strands held together. One is a grey/ white mix and the other is a fluffy, pale pink. Fringe added just the right touch!

I've also got a blanket in the works as well as one arm warmer completed! I'm about to start on a funky poncho for Miss Pinks and darling little bunny that I hope I can get done by her birthday. I've made up a pattern for something else but I have to get some more yarn to make it. It's going to be more design cool than actual function. I have some craps of all these colors left that may go into a hodge podge scarf for me. Who knows! I've got this super snuggly head wrap/cowl that I've got to finish and that's about it!

I hope you all have enjoyed seeing what I've been up to since my child has decided to live in my tummy forever! Lots more to come!! I really like the curly scarf, so I think I'm going to add one of those to my Etsy shop. I'll let you know. Hugs and love from your still very pregnant friend!

~Pinky!

3 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL!!! Pinky, you crack me up! Looks like you have been keeping yourself busy while you wait for your little fella to show. Look at how cute Miss Pinky is modelling all your goodies--she's so cute and funny!

Hang in there sweety--your day will come before you know it and then...no more rest! LOL

HUGS! Karen

p.s. Thanks for the sweet comment you left me..you are such a dear. **smoooch**

Unknown said...

You've been busy! Love your model, she's so adorable :D
Hurry up baby, we all want to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I guess no more news is good news?

((((((hugs)))))